I have given weightage to the BUDGET, the STAR POWER along with the other details of cine-making. So, in case a 1 Crore budget film stinks = 100 Crore budget film , then ofcourse the 100 Crore one makes it to the list!
10) On Number 10, come 2 movies that had notable stars, but deflated within days of their release - Double Dhamaal and Rascals - both of them promised to be LAUGH RIOTS, but turned out to be A-1 quality stinkers.
9) Ladies vs Ricky Bahl - This movie is at this position simply because I neither had any expectations of it nor was too displeased when I found that it stunk slightly more than I had imagined it. Very tough to sit through. It stunk like the small gutter you are unaware of, but notice when you walk by.
8) Desi Boyz - Jab baap Rascals banaa sakta hai , toh beta peeche kyon rahe. This was an unbearable film too. But just because I caught it on laptop, and could fast forward it whenever I wanted, it makes it so early in the list. Akshay Kumar tries too hard for a hit, while John Abrahan makes bad acting look easy! Stinks as much as Abraham's acting ... well, maybe not that bad!
7) Dum Maaro Dum - When potty pe baitha Sippy, toh aayi bahut badi badboo! Dum Maaro Dum was clinically bad! Abhishek topped off the atrocious GAME with this mind-numbingly dumb film. DMD stunk as much as Abhishek Bachchan's constipated expression.
6) Mausam - The directorial debut of one of the best actors in India, turned out to be one of the most boring films of all time. You could feel seasons change while you watched the film! Upar se Sonam Kapoor's most annoying screen presence! It stunk as much as the fully packed third class Non-AC railway compartment, where there is no hope of escape.
And now we enter the BIG LEAGUE... the highest grossing films included. It seems, the HIGHER THEY GROSS, the more they GROSS me out!
5) Ra.One - It was a bad film alright, but what saved it from the ignominy of being the worst was the effort behind it and the fact that it's review gave my blog an unprecedented 123 LIKES ! The BLOCKBUSTER review gave this site recognition and I will eternally be grateful to this film for being so delightfully stink-i-licious!
4) Body Guard - The highest grossing film of the year, was one of the most boring films of the year. It's biggest problem was that it didnt even give me room to make fun of it. My eyes were open, but brain dead whilst I watched this atrociously bad film. This stunk as much as Salman Khan's Being Human T-Shirts.
3) Ready and Don 2 - Salman and Shahrukh make the list once again, with 2 revolting films. I wouldn't want to say more about these films, because they were HITS ! Just shows that Junta wants Junk.... Might as well give it to them... Or I am just too god-damn stuck up!
2) Aarakshan - There is no other film (apart from DumaDumm) that I enjoyed more in the theater! Aarakshan had more HAM on display than a Mr.World body-building show! It was so mind numbingly dumb and susceptible to Jokes, that it made for uproarious viewing... Need such Gems every year! And to think that it came from Prakash Jha was incredibly sad to say the least.
1) Mere Brother Ki Dulhan - This was one film this year that I absolutely abhored and detested. I was so damn furious during and after this film, that I wanted to tear my freaking insides. This was one hell of a torture, and probably one of the STINKIEST films I have ever seen. It was an epitome of what not to do in a film - bad story, atrocious dialogues, unbelievably bad casting, abominable acting... uurggghh simply intolerable...
Yes, I know you might have 10 others that you want to add to this list! So, go on... Comment your TOP 10 stinkers... Let it all out.. and you will feel better.