Well, it's time to make both of them swell. Coz, this is the an expose of epic proportions. Yeah, infact the expose is so explicit, if the Censor Board knew about this, they would replace this link with an anti-smoking ad!
Well, had watched "Ghayal Once Again" last week, but couldn't write the review because I found it difficult to type in ALL CAPS (BALWANT RAI KE KUTTEEEEE)!!! But then it's fortunate that I couldn't because as soon as I watched Deadpool, I knew they were the same movie! Here's how:
1) Same Story Line: It's about a man who fights the bad guys but not necessarily in the most legal way possible! He becomes terribly ill and is treated by a mental doctor. The system makes him an anti-hero and he goes about eliminating one bad guy after another. There is an epic action sequence involving cars, where he beats the bad guys to pulp! In the end, the villain kidnaps his girl and goes on a huge structure, which our Hero attacks, partially destroys and in the end, WINS back his girl!
2) Indestructible Hero: Deadpool has super regenerative abilities and is practically indestructible.. Remind you of someone? Or do I have to SHOUT IT OUT!!!
3) When he talks you listen: While the movie isn't that great, the one-liners are epic. When Deadpool talks, you listen. He will have you in splits. Same with Deol. Just that when he talks, you have to listen. Until your eardrums split!
4) Solid Ass Whipping: While the budgets are low, the thrills aren't. Deadpool boasts of a couple of super gory-whacking scenes, while Ghayal Once Again surprises you with a couple of super Gora-whacking sequences! Both sequences involve cars.
5) Not for Kids: While one isn't suitable for kids ( though the Indian Censor Board tried really hard to make it), the other one has a bunch of unsuitable kids! The way they squeal. Damn!
6) One Big Middle Finger to Everyone: Deadpool is irreverence at its best. He makes fun of everyone - from Wolverine, to Dr.Xavier, to all Superhero franchises. In a way, Ghayal is Deol's middle finger to our very own Superheroes! Can anyone match the Dhai Kilo ka Haath?
7) The Clincher: Hold on to your pants: Coz this might blow your minds. Yes, both the heroes are ugly, but that's not it. Both love to fist their hand-pumps!!! But that's not it either...
Here's my final argument... DE-adpo-OL.... Mind Blown Yet???
So if you are desperate to watch the Hollywood adult action film, remember it is just the dubbed version of Ghayal Once Again! Yes, and if you plan to watch with Family, don't.. coz both are full of expletives, just that they are on opposite sides of the screen :P
Rating: 9/20 Overall. You figure out how much for whom!